Friday, April 8, 2011

Here we go....

Here goes nothing!

It's April and I am finally getting on top of my 2011 New Year's "goal" of using some creativity as a medium to self-fulfillment. My first attempt, a weekly photoblog, failed miserably after only 3 postings. So I am going for a different route that involves 2 things I enjoy - photography and my new love, the Kitchen Aid Standing Mixer!


My mission: attempt to make 1 thing from "The Mixer Bible" (or something with my yellow beauty) each week, photograph the process and finished product, and post it on here along with why it has to do with my life journey.

I decided to by my Kitchen Aid as a present to myself last weekend. I have always wanted one, and making the purchase made me excited, and gave me reason, to attempt this whole blogging thing again.

Day 1

I love birthdays, so I like to celebrate big. When a special someone was celebrating his big 3-0, I needed to make sure his birthday cake was amazing. So, by request, I attempted to make a double-layer chocolate cake with banana buttercream frosting in the middle, covered in chocolate buttercream and fresh strawberries. The process was messy and challenging, with a few mishaps (cake pans of different sizes, egg shells being dropped in, and falling icing) .

My photography skills on this first one are lacking. I think I was way to excited about using my new mixer!






The banana buttercream was by far the best part of the cake. I was nervous to how it would turn it out, but it was delicious!!



The finished product was beautiful!

If I can brag for just a moment, the cake turned out delicious!! Just look at the approving face of the birthday boy!  
Happy Birthday!!!

Now that the first mess is cleaned up, it's on to the next one!

Better pictures and recipes in the future!!











1 comment:

  1. nom nom nom! can't wait to taste test your new creations :)

    ReplyDelete